Who is Chris Hayes Wife: Hayes’ wife, Kate A. Shaw is a law professor at the Yeshiva University Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law in New York City. Shaw is also an ABC News Supreme Court contributor and co-hosts the podcast “Strict Scrutiny.”
Before working as counsel to President Obama’s administration, she had been a law clerk for Justice John Paul Stevens of U.S.’ Highest Court. Shaw and Hayes got married back in 2007 after they met at Brown University where both of them studied.
Kate A. Shaw Education:
- Graduated magna cum laude from Brown University in 2001 with a Bachelor of Arts in religious studies and gender studies.
- Earned her Juris Doctor magna cum laude and Order of the Coif from Northwestern University School of Law in 2006.
- During her time at Northwestern Law, she was Editor-in-Chief of the Northwestern University Law Review and won the John Paul Stevens Award.
Kate A. Shaw Early Career:
- Worked as a special assistant to the president and associate counsel to the president in the Obama White House counsel’s office.
- Clerked for Justice John Paul Stevens of the US Supreme Court and Judge Richard A. Posner of the US Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
Kate A. Shaw Early life:
- Met her husband, Chris Hayes, while they were both undergraduates at Brown University.
- They married in 2007 and have three children together.
- Her father is veteran Chicago reporter Andy Shaw, who also worked for ABC News.
Kate A. Shaw Net Worth
- Professor: With a tenured professorship at NYU’s Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, it is very likely that Shaw receives a quite large salary. Although the exact numbers are not publicized, the salaries of professors at the best law schools can be from $200 to $500 and even higher.
- Media Appearances: With his regular appearances on the ABC News and his co-hosting of the “Strict Scrutiny” podcast, Shaw likely supplements that income with many additional fees for speaking engagements or consulting.
- Previous Roles: Her experience with clerking in the White House and Supreme Court, as well as her work for Obama brings us to assume that she must have received high salaries there generating additional funds into what is a pretty general picture.
Kate A. Shaw Social Media Presence
Twitter: Shaw holds an active Twitter account with the handle @kateadoshaw. She primarily uses it for professional purposes, sharing news articles, engaging in legal discussions, and promoting her work. Her following is fairly sizable, exceeding 85,000 followers.
Facebook: Although Shaw has a Facebook profile, it appears to be used mainly for personal connections and doesn’t involve much public engagement. There isn’t any significant activity or content readily visible.
Instagram: Interestingly, there doesn’t seem to be any easily identifiable Instagram account specifically belonging to Kate A. Shaw. You might encounter profiles with similar names, but none with confirmed affiliation to her.
Interesting fact About Kate A. Shaw
1. Supreme Court “Supermom”: Balancing an incredibly demanding career with family life, Shaw managed to raise three children while clerking for Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens and working as a White House lawyer. This incredible feat earned her the moniker “Supermom” from colleagues and peers.
2. “Strict Scrutiny” Queen: Beyond teaching and scholarly work, Shaw co-hosts the popular legal podcast “Strict Scrutiny.” With her insightful commentary and witty banter, she tackles complex legal issues and makes them accessible to a wider audience, earning her a devoted fan base.
3. “Jeopardy!” Champ: In 2015, Shaw appeared on the iconic game show “Jeopardy!” and dominated the competition, winning a five-day streak and leaving with a significant cash prize. This unexpected venture showcased her sharp wit and breadth of knowledge beyond the legal realm.
4. Passionate Advocate: Shaw is a vocal advocate for various social justice causes, using her platform to speak out against discrimination and inequality. She has written extensively on issues like gender equality, LGBTQ+ rights, and voting rights, making her a powerful voice for positive change.
5. Hidden Talent: In a surprising twist, Shaw possesses a hidden talent for baking. She is known for her delicious treats and even once baked a Supreme Court-themed gingerbread house, showcasing her creativity and love for baking.
Yvonne Payne, wife of Charles Payne, born April 24, 1958, is a renowned American writer known for “Kyritsopoulos.” She suffered a heart attack in 2012, had a heart transplant, and maintains a low profile. Married since 2004, they have two children. Yvonne has a Master’s degree from Marshall University, actively participated in charity events, and is not very active on social media. Her net worth is undisclosed, while Charles Payne’s is $10 million.